These guidelines form the basis for the procedure of stipulating individual work schedules for all employees in academic positions (TR staff) at Oslo and Akershus University College. Parties at the faculty level will use these guidelines as a basis for developing complementary local guidelines adapted to the individual faculty.
The general guidelines can be found in the HiOA's employee handbook - follow the link at the top of the page. Here are some rules of thumb:
- Each full time employee has a work year consisting of 1687.5 net hours.
- From the year the employee turns 60, the work year is reduced with 37.5 hours to 1650 hours in total (one additional week of holiday)
- When the employee turns 62, the work year is reduced with an additional 60 hours to 1590 hours in total (eight senior days per year, cf. the Basic Collective Agreement)
The work schedules can be divided into the following duties:
- teaching related work - teaching-related duties in the broad sense, including teaching, counseling and assessment
- R&D and dissemination
- academic / educational renewal
- appointments for staff
- employer resources
A 45 minute lesson is considered as a 1 hour lesson in the work schedule. For other assignments, the time is calculated hour by hour. Teaching activities are quantified using conversion factors.
Travelling in connection with internships/ other external assignments is calculated hour by hour when this takes place during normal working hours.
For other contributing factors that may produce an effect - see the guidelines.
The work schedules’ planning period runs from August 1 to July 31. The individual work schedules should usually be stipulated by June 1 each year.
Work schedules may be changed during the planning period if appropriate. Both the programme coordinator and the employee are responsible for addressing the need for changes to the other as quickly as possible.
In some cases, where there is an exceptional and time-limited need, it may be appropriate for the employer to impose overtime. This requires time tracking of working hours and overtime.
In the case of full or partial absence due to illness, all duties in the work schedule will usually be reduces accordingly.
Work schedule form
Form for setting up work schedules (May be replaced by a locally adapted form)