Install an OpenVPN client you prefer to use or use OpenVPN file for Linux
On some Linux deployments it may be necessary to add the following three lines in the configuration file:
script-security 2 up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
It enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Source: en.wikipedia.org
Find your file servers for home directory (H:) and public directory (K:) and SSH connection.
Find your file server (bitadmin.hioa.no).
- PC: Connect to VPN for Windows. Open SAP Portal in Internet Explorer.
- Mac: Connect to VPN for Mac. Open SAP Portal in Safari.
- PC: Connect to Remote desktop for Windows (kontor.hioa.no) *
- Mac: Connect to Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac (kontor.hioa.no) *
For Endnote: Endnote is not compatible with Remote Desktop. Connect to VPN (Viscosity) and file server if you need to use Endnote.
- OsloMet PC: Connect to VPN for Windows. Open Clue from the Start menu.
- OsloMet Mac: Download Clue from Managed Software Center for Mac.
- Not accessible on private computers.
- Software for home use: Some available software requires a VPN connection from outside OsloMet's network.
- PC: Access Ordnett.no (dictionary) and other services like Egencia travel agency's online portal through Remote Desktop for Windows or connect to VPN for Windows.
- Mac: Access Ordnett.no (dictionary) and other services like Egencia travel agency's online portal through Microsoft Remote Desktop app for Mac or connect to VPN for Mac.