This guide is relevant when you have changed your HiOA password.
Updating password on macOS
1. Update your keychain password
When you first log in with your new HiOA password, your computer will detect that you have changed your password.
- Read the text in the dialog box.
- Click on: Update keychain password (see the screenshot below).
2. Enter your previous password
To change the password on your keychain, you must enter your previous HiOA password.
- Password: <enter your previous password>
3. Update your password
The password to unlock the keychain will be updated to your _new_ HiOA password.
- Click: OK
NB! Note that you still need to update single passwords to HiOA services that you may have stored on your keychain. Please follow the instructions onward.
4. Keychain Access
- Search for "keychain" in the Spotlight (the search spot on your Mac).
See the screenshot below.
5. Find a network connection
You will find the various network connections in the overview.
- Find the connections where you want to change the password in.
- Select login in the left menu above, "Keychains".
- Select "Passwords" under in the menu "Category".
See example in the screenshot below to find a network connection for changing passwords in Keychain > Passwords.
6. Change your password
Click on each network connection at HiOA to change passwords.
- In the Show password change password (screenshot in Norwegian: Vis passord).
- Tick Show password if you want to see the password in plaintext.
- Then click Save Changes to save the new password (in the example, the field is inactive when no password is listed).
See example of a network connection Pullprint in the screen below.