To get the most out of Box you can install Box Sync on your PC. This way, your documents will be available even when you are offline.
To install Box Sync to a private computer:
- Tip: Go to your profile in Box (login to Box) > select "Get Box Sync" in the menu.
To install Box Sync to a HiOA PC:
1. Open Software Center, search for Box Sync
1. Install Box Sync
2. Restart your PC
3. Log in to Box Sync
4. Select: Use company credentials and Feide login.
5. Log in with your HiOA email address, eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Select: ... let me choose from a list instead
7. Choose FEIDE from the list.
Note that it may take a few seconds before the list appears.
- Press the F5 key to refresh the web page if the list does not appear.
- Choose Feide when the list appears .
8. Select: Login and use Forever.
9. Choose affiliation: Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus
10. Login via Feide
- Enter your HiOA username and password.
- Click: Log in to confirm.
The folder Box Sync will be placed here:
- C:\Users\dittbrukernavn\Box Sync
- Favourites in Windows explorer.
You choose which folders you want to synchronise to your PC with Box Sync.
Synchronising a folder:
- Right-click on the folder you want to synchronise, or go to the dropdown menu.
- In the drop down menu select: Sync Folder to Computer.
Note that all underlying folders / files will be synchronised when you synchronise a folder.
You can unsynchronise a folder anytime you want.
It can be done in two ways:
- Right-click and delete the folder from Box Sync on your PC.
This unsynchronises and deletes the folder on your PC, but does not delete it from Box.
- Right-click on the folder in Box.
- Go to: Synced. Select: Unsync to unsynchronise the folder.