- Payment of salary
- Advances in salary
- Holiday pay
- Links to salary policy, salary table and payroll runs
- The SAP portal
Fixed salary and salary for part-time teachers
- Fixed salary and salary for part-time teachers are paid on the 12th of each month. If this date falls on a weekend or a public holiday, payment is made on the first previous working day.
- Salary following invoices and salary in the form of remuneration is paid at the end of the month.
NB! If you discover errors or missing payments, contact your local HR section.
New employees who start working before the 12th will normally be paid during the same month. If the date of entry is after the 12th, the salary will be paid the following month. More information for new employees can be found on OsloMet Start/en/oslomet-start.
Your pay slip for the last 12 months can be found in the SAP portal.
The DFØ app
For easy access to your pay slip, register working hours, time balance overview, absence requests etc.
Travel settlements are paid once a week provided that the travel expenses account has been submitted and approved in the SAP portal.
The annual report and accounts
The annual report and accounts (called “sammenstilling”) is also available in the SAP portal.
Advances in salary are only granted under special circumstances and following approval of application.
- Completed application for advances in salary must be sent to the Department of Human Resources where they will be processed separately.
- Usually it is only when purchasing a house that you can apply for up to two months' salary paid in advance. The basis of the application must be documented, for example by attaching a purchase contract.
- The advance in salary is interest-free. The interest benefit of the advance in salary is subject to tax if the advance exceeds 3/5th of the basic national insurance amount or the repayment period is longer than one year.
Payment for overtime work
Payment for overtime work normally occurs two months after it happened, depending on the time from which the manager authorises the overtime.
- TA employees must register overtime work in the SAP portal.
- UF employees must fill out both the Working Hours form (UF) (.XLS) and the Overtime form (PDF). Both forms must be approved by your manager if you wish to take compensatory time off or get paid for the overtime work.
- If you have a salary table card, tax will be deducted for overtime according to the table. The tax table is progressive - the higher the amount, the higher the tax.
Compensatory time off
Compensatory time off may be given hour by hour upon agreement with the manager. In this case you will be paid the overtime supplement.
HiOA calculates the holiday pay in June each year on the basis of the previous year's salary.
- The part of the holiday pay that exceeds your ordinary salary during the holidays – the holiday pay supplement – will be disbursed together with your salary for June.
- All your days off must be reported to the manager and registered.
- Check the quota overview in the SAP portal to get to know how many holiday days you have at your disposal at any time.
Local salary policy
- Local salary policy for HiOA, with attachments:
- Attachment 1 – Work description and qualification requirements
- Attachment 2 - Assessment criteria for local negotiations
- Attachment 3 - Salary grade for advertised positions