- Needs (here is a form for hourly paid work agreement)
- The interview process
- Appointment documents
- Promotion and expert assessment
- HiOA Start
- International recruitment and researcher mobility
- Appointment body - meetings and composition
- Laws and regulations
Do you need a permanent, temporary or hourly paid employee? Here you will find what you need.
The decision tree below will help you choose the right appointment form. Permanent employment is the general rule. Temporary employment always requires special authorisation, see the Civil Service Act § 3, no. 2.
As a rule, all vacancies should be publicly announced. However, the Personnel Regulations § 4 provides certain exceptions to this rule. Furthermore, all appointments should happen following recommendations made by an appointment body. § 11 of the Personnel Regulations allows administrative appointments in certain cases.
How to choose the right
- Decision tree
- Job analysis
- Registration form upon recruitment (SAP/BAS form). The form must follow the recruitment process from start to the appointment has been made.
New or vacant position
If in need of a part-time teacher / hourly paid employee for up to 15 h/w / 37.5% position, please fill in the form for hourly-paid employee / part-time teacher. Guidelines can be found here: Guidelines for filling the form and further case management.
If you need an employee for more than 15 hours a week (this is an average calculated throughout the period of employment that does not last beyond one year) this form must not be used. Contact HR at your faculty / unit for assistance with the appointment.
- Reporting discrepancies: if the absence of an employee should lead to consequences in the payment of his or her salary, please contact the HR section as soon as possible so that the payment can be stopped. (This only applies to commissions lasting for no more than one calendar month).
When hiring a guest lecturer, use this commission-/agreement template - even when sending invoices for the commission: Individual teaching commissions (guest lecturer)(.DOC).
Links to "old" forms:
Commissions shorter than one calendar month (.DOC) (job agreement included in time sheet)
Commissions longer than one month (.DOC) (job agreement with separate time sheet)
Here you will find job descriptions and templates for announcements as well as information about salary determination.
Descriptions and templates
- Job descriptions
- Announcement templates - Norwegian and English
- Language in public vacancy announcements (PDF - only in Norwegian) (Språkrådet)
- Progress plan - recruitment TA - EHR
- How to use social media for recruitment?
Salary range position
- Work description and qualification requirements
- Salary position upon vacancy announcements
- Salary policy
Tips for the treatment of applicants, interview guides, checking of references and template for recommendations.
- The qualification principle
- Functionally disabled
- Ethnic origin
- Access to information concerning appointment cases
- Requesting confidentiality of public list of applicants
Template for reference interview
Here you will find the work agreement with attachments, as well as some assistance documents for the case officer.
- Work agreement - Norwegian (.DOC)
- Work agreement - English (.DOC)
- Hourly paid employee / part-time teacher
- Guest lecturer (.DOC)
Attachments to the work agreement
- Declaration of confidentiality
- Notification of regulations for probation
- Personal information form
- Time sheet for employee on hourly wage
- Templates for e-mails and letters for international recruitment
- Seniority calculation
- Guidance to the work agreement
- Course codes
- Occupational codes
- Manuals process template for hourly paid employees in P360- HR and Salary
- Appointment documents in P360 (under revisjon)
All applicants for teaching and research positions should go through expert assessments. This also applies to academic staff applying for promotion.
Expert committee - composition
- Associate Professor
- Researcher 1109
- Researcher 1183
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Associate Professor
- PhD candidates
Templates and documents
- Guidance for expert committees
- Guidelines on the impartiality of expert committees
- Template for the expert committee's statement
- Contract expert committee
- Letter template expert committee
- Guidance to regulations on promotion
- Guidance to regulations on promotion to researcher 1183
- Regulations on appointments and promotion
- Useful information before applying for a promotion
- Application form for promotion to professor
- Application form for promotion to docent
- Guidelines from UHR for the application for promotion to associate professor
Here you will find information about
- Advertising job positions internationally and in the Nordic region
- Information about Norwegian courses
- Information about agreements for practical help, visa, housing etc.
- Mobility – employees traveling abroad
Appointments committee for professors, researcher 1 and docents
Here you will find information about the appointments committee as well as meeting dates and contact details.
Composition of the appointments committee:
- Rector (or the person authorised by the Rector)
- A trade union representative (appointed by the trade unions)
- HR director (or the person authorised)
- Dean/centre manager at the relevant faculty/centre (or the person authorised)
- A student representative, with a substitute, appointed by the Student Parliament
Trade union representative for the period of 01.08.16 – 31.07.18:
- Erik Døving, permanent representative
- Anne Reidun Dahl, substitute
- Mikkel Brattset Oddrum (appointed by the Student Parliament)
Deadlines/dates for meetings spring 2017
|Deadline for registration in P360 (case draft with attachments) |
|Meeting date |
|January 16th||January 25th|
|February 20th||March 1st|
|March 20th||March 29th|
|April 18th||April 26th|
|May 15th||May 24th|
|June 12th||June 21st|
The registration of cases takes place in Public 360. Here is a guide for the registration.
Appointments board and appointments committee in the Central Administration
Here you will find information about meetings and registration for the appointments board -and committee in the central administration.
Meeting dates and deadlines spring 2017
Deadline registration via email
Deadline documents in P360
Deadline electronic review
Meeting date if needed
|27 Jan.|| |
|26 May||26 May||01 June||02 June|
|09 June||09 June||15 June||16 June|
|23 June||23 June||29 June||30 June|
*Announcements must be written in Nynorsk. Other documents for the appointments board -and committee may be written in either Bokmål or Nynorsk.
REMEMBER! You must notify firstname.lastname@example.org about all cases, no later than 12.00am on the Friday one week prior to the meeting date. All documents must be made available to the case officer in the HR Department no later than 3.00pm on the same day. The subject of the email must indicate whether the case should go to the technical and administrative council (TA) or to the teaching and research committee (UF), as well as which meeting date the case is registered for.
It may happen that both meetings are managed by the same case officer, or that another case officer at the HR Department assumes control of the meeting, but as long as the above mentioned registration of cases takes place, these will be in good hands.
Trade union representative in the appointments board -and committee for the period of 1.8.16 - 31.7.18
- Permanent: Erik Døving
- Substitute: Anne Reidun Dahl
Faculty of Health Sciences (HF)
- Permanent: Anne Reidun Dahl
- Substitute: Tore Kr. Schjølberg, Erik Dahlgren
- Fast: Inger Lise Neslein
- Substitute: Hilde Sylliaas
- Permanent: Kristin Sletten
- Substitute: Ingeborg Sunde (from spring 16)
- Permanent: Hege Maria Bergersen
- Substitute: Not clarified - waiting response from org.
Faculty of Education and International Studies (LUI)
- Permanent: Mette Vaagan Slåtten
- Substitute: Anne WaldropFast: Olav Hovdelien
- Substitute: Marit Storhaug, Eldbjørg Schön, Anne-Catrine Wolden
- Permanent: Bente Johansen
- Substitute: Runa Grimstad Wold (from spring 16)
- Permanent: Eva Skals Johnskareng
- Substitute: Mariann Tvetene
Faculty of Social Sciences (SAM)
- Permanent: Jon Petter Evensen
- Substitute: Bennedichte Olsen, Anders Graver Knudsen
- Permanent: Carsten Ohlmann
- Substitute: Birgitte Kjos Fonn, Helga Johannesdottir, Svein Fredrik Hjelmås
- Permanent: Anne Elisabeth Juul Persbråten
- Substitute: Tone Gjerding, Terje Svardal
- Permanent: Bjørg Halvorsen
- Substitute: Hege Nedberg, Astrid Limandvik (from spring 16)
Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD)
- Permanent: Boning Feng
- Substitute: Arne Henriksen
- Permanent: Kirsten Klæbo
- Substitute: Ragnhild Augustson
- Permanent: Brit Balgaard
- Substitute: Cecilia Novas
- Permanent: Veslemøy Hollekim Skånlund
- Substitute: Hanne B. I. Heiervang
Central Administration (FA)
- Permanent: Marit Greek
- Permanent: Anne Reidun Dahl
- Substitute: Tore Kr. Schjølberg
- Permanent: Amir Haghighifard
- Substitute: Kent Grødem, Sean Kjartan Iversen
- Permanent: Betty Jacobsen
- Substitute: Tom Syvertsen, Trine Brødremoen