1. Insert an external hard drive/memory stick
- Insert the external drive/memory stick to your computer.
- Open the File Explorer. In the left menu: Locate the drive you want to erase.
- Right click on the drive and select "Format..."
2. Formatting the drive
- Select the file formatting process for the drive, either NTFS, FAT or FAT32 (answer.microsoft.com).
- Tick for "Quick Format".
- Click on "Start" and confirm to erase all data on the drive.
- All content is now erased and is ready to be discarded or reused.
1. Open CCleaner
- Insert the Memory Stick in the PC.
- Open the programme CCleaner from the Start menu.
- Choose: Tools in the left menu
- Then choose: Drive Wiper
2. Drive Wiper
- In the first dropdown Wipe, select: Entire Drive (All data will be erased)
- In the next drop down Security: Choose Very Complex Overwrite (35 passes)
- In the list, select: Memory Stick / Removable Disk (E:)
- Click Wipe
3. Erasing the drive from CCleaner
- Write: ERASE in the new warning dialog box.
- Click OK